In 2021 there was a lot to talk about.
Temporary living is on the move - more than ever due to the Corona experiences and is no longer celebrated as a successful concept only by the "insiders". The classic hotel industry is also orienting itself towards ideas that were previously peculiar to serviced apartments.
So are hotels rolling up the market from behind with copycat concepts? And how thin will the lockdown air become despite all the praise for serviced apartment operators? Will the serviced apartment segment experience a turnaround in 2023?
Among others, these are our topics:
- Marc P. Werner, LL.M (University of Miami) and Office Managing Partner at Hogan Lovells Interantional LLP, will talk about contract types - an important topic as Corona has (possibly) shifted preferences. But what are the advantages and disadvantages?
- Conversion as strategy?Markus Beike, Development Director Germany & CEE at Staycity will moderate the panel with Hannibal DuMont Schütte, Co-Founder of Stayery, and Heinrich Böhm, Senior Designer and Partner at JOI-Design Innenarchitek-ten A D joehnk + partner mbB, who, together with a partner, will talk about new concepts that have just been realised.
- Skilled personnel! Always a (difficult) topic in hospitality and after Corona all the more so: Andreas Wilhelm Büscher, who is not only launching a new brand with Bee/partment, but is also implementing his own academy for employees, and Garry Levin, Founder & Managing Director of LHC International - specialised in recruiting specialists and managers in the industry - will talk about this.
- Franchise as a way to expand. Among others, we will talk about this with Volker Thamm, MDirector Business Development at SV Hotel AG.
- Hotels and their living strategies: Established hotel brands get "living" extensions and enter the temporary living market. Max Gross, Vice President Development at Radisson Hotel Group, Falk Laudi, Director Development (DACH) at AccorHotels Germany and IHG Hotels and Resorts will report on this.
- And what is behind Senior Living as a variation living concepts with service? A trend topic? A vision of the future with convincing concepts? Prof. Dr. h.c. Stephan Gerhard, Managing Partner of Solutions Holding, Henrik von Bothmer, Senior Investment Manager Micro-Living at Union Investment, and Constantin Rehberg, Co-Founder of LIVELY, are our guests on the panel.
- Growth under the radar: Holger Siegel, Managing Director of Sicon Hospitality GmbH, is quietly shaping the Hamburg serviced flat market with great projects. Anett Gregorius talks to him.
- Goodbye old habits - you are no longer the only one. Stephan Kohl, Business Development Manager Germany & The Nordics HQ revenue, invites you to a digital workshop to analyse the numbers.
We are already looking forward to seeing you on 16/17 November 2022 and we will keep you up to date at this point. If you would like to stay informed not only about SO!APART but also about the segment itself, please register for our newsletter (in German).